The different file compression programs are the most essential to have in our computer, this is mainly because they facilitate the transport or the organization of the files. Some of the most popular are WinZip and WinRAR, but there is an excellent alternative that is also completely free. This is the 7Zip program and we will show you where and how you can download it.
7Zip is a free program for data compression for Windows, DOS and Linux systems. The well-known manager will allow you to compress and unzip the files. This will use the 7z compression format. This will make it reach the compression percentages up to 50% better than the standard ZIP format.
This is achieved without losing quality or speed. The only thing that is lost is the size of the file. Another point of which differs from the rivals in the process of file management. While the classics only allow you to compress ZIP and RAR, the 7Zip tool offers many more formats, among the most common are: ZIP, RAR, CAB, ARJ, TAR, GZIP. This way you can use it with any compressed file that you find.
Easiest way to download 7ZIP
- To download this program, you must go to the official website of the service, which is www.7-zip.org.
- Once there you will find several links, you should find the option of your OS. Then, you will see the download options of 32 bit x86 and 64 bit x64, you must select the version that your system can support.
- If your computer is newer it is possible that the indicated one is 64 bits, otherwise you will have to select 32 bits. Then you must click on the link that says Download to start the download.
- Then it will depend on the browser that you are using, it is possible that the advantage of Save As appears. This window will show you a box to select where you want the program to be downloaded into your computer. Select the folder you want and press Save.
- Usually, the browser will show you the file that is being downloaded, once the download is complete you will have to click on it, in case it won’t open automatically you should go to the folder where you downloaded the file, to open it you will have to double-click it.
- Now you can see the screen where you will start with the installation of the 7Zip program. There you will see a text box where Destination Folder is indicated and next you will see three ellipses. This button is for you to make the selection of the folder where you want the 7zip application to be installed. Once you select the folder, you must click on Install.
- In a few seconds, you will see that the installation of the program begins, this is a very light file, so it will not take you long to install it. You will see a progress bar that will be filled progressively, finally you must click on the Close button.
And that’s it! You can have this program on your computer doing this easy seven steps, the best thing is that you can use it in any language, since you have at your disposal more than 80 different languages.